Sunday, April 21, 2013

Art Deco eyeshadow base VS Essence I Love Stage


Few days ago I run out of my Art Deco eyeshadow base. I had it for about year and a half which is pretty good because I used it all the time, few times a week for sure. I absolutely love Art Deco eyeshadow base and it is a product I will definitely repurchase but I thought it would be a good idea to try Essence eyeshadow base I Love Stage and compare it to Art Deco. 


First let's talk about Art Deco a little bit. Art Deco eyeshadow base comes it little black pot that contains 5 ml of product, you only need a thin layer so the pot can last you a very long time. With Art Deco base eyeshadow can last all day long on your lids and whenever I apply it I don't have to worry about my eye make up. A lot of girls stand out one main flaw of this product and that is that if you don't use it for a while it dries out. That happens pretty quickly and it happened few times to me too but all you have to do is remove top layer and the rest is good as new. Every time I use it  I make sure that it is closed properly and I keep it in the box that came with it which also helps a lot.  
For past two weeks I used Essence I Love Stage and my conclusion is that it is a good product but in the end I prefer Art Deco. I Love Stage will keep your eyeshadow on your lids for decent amount of time but you can't count on it for all daylong. Beside that it is easy to apply and just like Art Deco it prevents creasing. Essence I Love Stage contains 4 ml of product, little bit less then Art Deco but I think that Essence won't last very long. 
On picture number 2 you can see the texture of both products, Art Deco is creamy while Essence is liquid. On next picture you can see how both of them look with eyeshadow, you can see that eyeshadow really sets on the skin and you can see the difference with and without base. You can also notice that Essence left little bit of color but on my lids that is negligible. 


Overall I would choose Art Deco between the two products. Essence base is not bad but Art Deco is better. It keeps my eyeshadow all day long and even though the price is double it lasts for a very long time so it really worth the money.
What is your favorite eyeshadow base? Did you tired Art Deco or Essence eyeshadow base? 

8 comments:

  1. Blago tebi! Meni od AD tako suze oci da je to uzas..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried both, although I haven't use Artdeco for a long long time now. I didn't really noticed the difference between them, so I rather buy Essence one, because of the packaging and because it's cheaper. By Artdeco few of the base always stayed under my long nails and I didn't like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried anything by Art Deco but I'm glad the Essence one isn't too bad, I will definitely try it when my NYC one runs out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vidiš imala sam Artdeco i pokvarila se!!! Što je onak horor jer sam jako malo potrošila i želim se samoubiti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nisam probala ad a essence mi sasvim dobro šljaka ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imam Artdeco i MUA bazu, a Essence sam probala od rodice. Artdeco mi je favorit. Cak je nekad volim staviti samu :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probala sam obje i uzimam sada Essence jer mi je razlika između njih zanemariva, a cijena je ipak puno niža...

    ReplyDelete
  8. probala obje lai ad nisam potrosila do kraja. imam essence i alverde baze

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...