Saturday, May 5, 2012

Snow White, Alice, Belle...


It seams that fairytales are everywhere these days. I am someone who really loves them, ever since I was little girl watching all the Disney classics. I still like to watch them because I think you are never too old for good cartoon, but classic fairytales seam to have special place for me. The first  Disney classic I saw was Beauty And The Beast, it was always my favorite and last year I decided to watch it again and it was perfect. I think I liked it as much as first time. Past few years  fairytales became very popular and they are turning into movies and TV shows. I really like it but I hope that everyone will know when is time to stop because when everyone is doing exact same thing it is not that fun anymore. Anyway, I think everything started with Alice In The Wonderland. I adore that movie. Well, something made by Tim Burton with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter can't be bad...After Alice suddenly came Red Ridding Hood. Movie with Amanda Sayfired in lead role, I have watched it and really enjoyed it! After few fairytale based movies, fairytales started winning over television too. There is Grimm ( I've never seen it, so I can't say much about it ) and Once Upon A Time which is one of the best new TV shows at least in my humble opinion  


This year we will have two movies about Snow White. At first I didn't like the fact that both movies based on Snow White, because there are so many different fairytales. But now I think that it will be fun to see remake of one story with totally different approach. The one I can't wait to see is Snow White and Huntsman, mostly because Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth. This one seams to have a lot of action and it is little bit darker than I ever could imagine. Kristen Stewart is playing the role of Snow White and I'm looking forward to see her in something other then Twilight. The "other " Snow White movie is Mirror Mirror with Julia Roberts as evil queen and Lily Collins as Snow White. This one is a comedy and I would like to see it too.
Next season on television it is very likely that we will be able to watch TV show based on Beauty And The Beast. When the time comes I'm sure that I will check it out. I don't know is there going to be more fairytales based movies any time soon, but if there was what would you like to see? 



2 comments:

  1. There was also the movie Beastly, based on Beauty and the Beast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that one too, later I realized that it is based on Beauty and the Beast :) But I didn't liked that one very much...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...